Within the weeks since iOS 14’s launch, increasingly apps have been including new options that reap the benefits of what’s in Apple’s newest replace. And now, Spotify is becoming a member of in. Right now, the main subscription music service introduced the launch of its widget for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14.
Much like Apple’s personal widgets for Apple Music, Spotify’s function a way of shortly getting again to one thing you have been lately listening to. You possibly can decide between small and medium sizes, however Spotify doesn’t but provide a large-sized iOS 14 widget.
“The Spotify iOS widgets will show as much as 5 of the lately performed artists, playlists, albums or podcasts covers,” a Spotify spokesperson mentioned by electronic mail. “Customers can faucet on the covers to dive straight again into their content material.” The small widget shows simply no matter you have been enjoying final whereas utilizing the app.
So as to add Spotify widget to your Dwelling Display
- Ensure you’ve up to date to the most recent model of Spotify. I’ve observed that generally an app’s widgets gained’t present up till after you open it following the replace, so attempt that when you don’t see them at first.
- Contact and maintain a widget or an empty space on the system house display till the apps jiggle
- Faucet the Add button (+) within the upper-left nook
- Choose the Spotify widget within the listing
- Choose the dimensions of the widget you want to add from the two choices obtainable (1×1 small sq. or 2×1 rectangle), then faucet “Add Widget”
- Place the widget, and faucet “Finished” to substantiate
I’ve observed another helpful widgets popping up lately, together with from Dropbox, Otter, and different apps. When you’ve received any favorites you’ve found, please do share within the feedback.